Decatur police charged a woman Thursday with a fight at a gas station that led to multiple woman being stabbed.
Promise Genevea Sykes, 21, is charged with second-degree assault for the stabbing that happened Nov. 9 at Victory Fuels on west Moulton Street.
Police said they responded to the station that afternoon and found evidence of a fight. They found Aleah Garth, 23, of Decatur, nearby with multiple stab wounds. She was taken to Huntsville Hospital and has since been released, police said.
Shortly after the fight, Sykes and Precious Garth, 22, showed up at Decatur Morgan Hospital with stab wounds, police said. Both women were treated and released.
The women were stabbed when a fight broke out in the store's parking lot between two women and escalated to the point where other people joined in, police said. Sykes was the person who brought the knife to the fight, police said.
Police found and arrested Sykes Thursday afternoon.
She was jailed on $2,500 bond.
- Decatur woman charged with stabbing at gas station
- Police: 3 stabbed in Decatur gas station fight
- Woman charged with stealing gun at Florence gas station
- Decatur Police seek gas station clerk robbery suspect
- Decatur woman facing forgery charges
- Watch: Huntsville police pull hiding woman from gas station ceiling
- Man accused of harassing woman at DeKalb County gas station
- Decatur woman charged with shooting into vehicle
- Woman charged with stealing from Decatur hospice
- Decatur woman charged with trafficking stolen identities