Decatur police said a woman gave birth to a baby girl that tested positive for cocaine late last year.
Now Michaela McManama, 25, is facing charges.
Police said the girl was born at Decatur-Morgan Hospital Parkway Campus on Oct. 25. The positive test for cocaine was reported to Decatur police Dec. 5, police said.
Police interviewed McManama and said she confessed to using crack cocaine and marijuana, knowing she was pregnant at the time.
McManama turned herself in Monday evening after police got an arrest warrant.
She was charged with chemical endangerment of a child and jailed on $2,500 bond.
- Decatur woman charged with using drugs while pregnant
- Woman charged with using drugs while pregnant
- Decatur woman arrested on drug, shoplifting charges
- Etowah woman charged with using drugs while pregnant
- Florence woman charged with using drugs while pregnant
- Decatur woman facing forgery charges
- Decatur woman charged with shooting into vehicle
- Woman charged with stealing from Decatur hospice
- Decatur woman charged with trafficking stolen identities
- Woman charged with theft in Decatur