A Decatur woman was arrested Tuesday as part of an investigation by police into the counterfeit money that has been seen around the city since the beginning of October.
Alexandra Ertman is charged with criminal possession of a forged instrument in the 1st Degree for passing or attempting to pass the counterfeit bills more than once.
Ertman is being held at the Morgan County Jail on a $5,000.00 bond. According to the Decatur Police Department, the investigation is ongoing and they expect more arrests to follow. The bills are still circulating, and businesses are encouraged to be on the lookout for counterfeits.
- Decatur woman arrested as result of counterfeit money investigation
- Investigation into counterfeit money leads to arrest
- Decatur Police seeing increase in counterfeit money
- Decatur police seek counterfeit money suspects
- Man arrested for printing counterfeit money
- Decatur police need help finding counterfeit money suspects
- How to spot counterfeit money
- Two men arrested on counterfeiting charges in Decatur
- High speed chase and counterfeit money lead to an arrest
- Athens Police arrest third suspect in recent counterfeit money crimes