The Decatur-Morgan County Chamber of Commerce is postponing the annual State of the City Address until later this spring due to concerns about coronavirus, or COVID 19.
Mayor Tab Bowling was scheduled to give the address Tuesday, March 24 at Ingalls Harbor Pavilion.
“Out of an abundance of caution and following guidance from the Alabama Department of Public Health COVID-19 Response Recommendations, we believe it is in the best interest of the community to avoid holding large public gatherings at this time,” said John Seymour, president and CEO of the Decatur-Morgan County Chamber of Commerce.
See more coronavirus stories HERE
- Decatur postpones State of the City Address due to coronavirus concerns
- City of Huntsville leaders address coronavirus concerns
- Sewage work in Decatur postponed due to weather
- Decatur Mayor Tab Bowling delivers 'State of the City' address
- City of Decatur closes some recreation facilities due to coronavirus
- Torch Technologies postpones Huntsville ribbon cutting due to concerns about coronavirus
- State officials address voter identity hacking concerns
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics to be postponed due to coronavirus pandemic
- Events cancelled, postponed in North Alabama due to coronavirus
- Huntsville Championship golf tournament postponed due to coronavirus