Update: Police say the victim from the shooting has recanted his official statement and is currently not cooperating with law enforcement.
The department says the victim had previously confirmed the alleged identification of the shooter multiple times to law enforcement officers and medical personnel. Police have obtained a warrant for the victim for falsely reporting information to a law enforcement officer. Bond for that charge is set at $300.
Previous information (Because the Decatur Police Department says the person who was named as a suspect is no longer a suspect, we have removed his name.):
The Decatur Police Department is trying to find a suspect in a shooting.
Long said the victim had two non-life-threatening gunshot wounds and has been treated and released from the hospital.
Police said the shooting is believed to be an isolated incident between acquaintances.
- Update: Decatur police seek help finding suspect in shooting
- Decatur Police seeking help in identifying suspect
- Decatur police seek counterfeit money suspects
- Decatur Police seek suspect in Point Mallard shooting
- Decatur police seek suspect in Wednesday night shooting, robbery
- Decatur police investigating shooting
- Alabama mall shooting suspect seeks police video
- Decatur Police seek gas station clerk robbery suspect
- Decatur police need help finding counterfeit money suspects
- Decatur police investigating Saturday shooting