Decatur police said the woman arrested after a police chase Tuesday was pregnant and jumped off a bridge on Interstate 65 to try and avoid officers.
Crystal Kindley and Anthony Lyons, both 31, were arrested Tuesday afternoon.
Kindley and Lyons are accused of stealing a vehicle from a business on 6th Avenue in Decatur and leading police on a chase that ended in a crash about 30 minutes later on Interstate 65 at the Tennessee River bridge. Lyons was arrested at the scene, but police said Kindly jumped off the bridge and ran away from officers.
She was caught about 3 p.m., evaluated at Huntsville hospital and then taken to jail along with Lyons, Decatur police said.
Both were charged with first-degree theft and are being held without bond.
- Decatur police release names of theft suspects arrested after Tuesday chase
- PHOTOS: Decatur police searching for theft suspect
- Two arrested after police chase in Decatur
- Suspect arrested in Decatur murder
- Memphis man arrested on theft charges in Decatur
- Juvenile arrested in connection to Decatur car thefts
- Huntsville woman arrested for $500 theft at Decatur Walmart
- Decatur Police seeking help in identifying suspect
- Second suspect arrested in lawn mower thefts
- Decatur Police officials warn drivers about car theft this winter