Decatur police said the woman arrested after a police chase Tuesday was pregnant and jumped off a bridge on Interstate 65 to try and avoid officers.
Crystal Kindley and Anthony Lyons, both 31, were arrested Tuesday afternoon.
Kindley and Lyons are accused of stealing a vehicle from a business on 6th Avenue in Decatur and leading police on a chase that ended in a crash about 30 minutes later on Interstate 65 at the Tennessee River bridge. Lyons was arrested at the scene, but police said Kindly jumped off the bridge and ran away from officers.
She was caught about 3 p.m., evaluated at Huntsville hospital and then taken to jail along with Lyons, Decatur police said.
Both were charged with first-degree theft and are being held without bond.
- Decatur police release names of theft suspects arrested after Tuesday chase
- PHOTOS: Decatur police searching for theft suspect
- Decatur Police: Suspect arrested for burglary, vehicle theft
- Decatur Police: 2 suspects arrested in vehicle theft
- Two arrested after police chase in Decatur
- Three suspects arrested in Decatur after multiple vehicle thefts
- Decatur Police arrest church burglary suspect
- Decatur police arrest apartment burglary suspect
- Decatur police arrest armed robbery suspect
- Decatur police need help identifying mail, debit card theft suspect