UPDATE: (6:19 p.m.) According to Decatur police, the victim has been identified as 30-year-old Michael Irvin Jr.
The Decatur Police Department is conducting a homicide investigation after receiving a call about an early Monday morning shooting.
Officers responded about 3:18 a.m. to the 1000 block of Marion Street SW and found a deceased male with multiple gunshot wounds, said Emme Long, department spokesperson.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information regarding the case should contact Violent Crimes Detective Sean Mukaddam at 256-341-4600.
Long said this is believed to be an isolated incident.
- Decatur police identify victim of Monday morning murder
- Decatur woman identified in deadly Monday wreck
- Decatur apartment shooting victim dies; police looking for murder suspect
- Huntsville police identify homicide victim
- Victims identified in Limestone County triple murder
- Decatur Police seeking help in identifying suspect
- Police identify woman killed in Decatur
- UPDATE: Huntsville police identify victim in overnight murder
- Florence police: Sheffield man identified as victim in Wednesday murder
- Athens Police identify double homicide victims