The Decatur Police Department has filed drug charges against a woman it says was involved in a fatal wreck
Jonna McGuyre, 33, was arrested about noon Monday and charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance, said Emme Long, police spokeswoman. McGuyre was taken to the Morgan County Jail and bond was set at $5,000.
Police say McGuyre was found to have methamphetamine when she was involved in a June 25 multiple vehicle collision on Point Mallard Parkway, just west of Refuge Headquarters Road.
Long said the investigation showed that a Chevy Tahoe driven by McGuyre lost control and hit two trucks and an SUV before colliding head on with a Nissan Versa, which was driven by 30-year-old Ramsey Williams in the northbound lanes.
Williams was pronounced dead at the scene.
There were minor injuries in the three other involved vehicles.
Two children, ages 1 and 4, who were in the vehicle with McGuyre at the time of the crash, were transported to Huntsville Hospital.
- Decatur police file drug charges against woman involved in fatal wreck
- Decatur woman arrested on drug, shoplifting charges
- Moulton woman killed in wreck near Decatur
- Decatur woman identified in deadly Monday wreck
- Decatur man charged with causing 10-vehicle wreck
- Decatur woman facing forgery charges
- 3 injured in Decatur wreck involving 8 vehicles
- Florence woman indicted after fatal wreck
- Decatur woman charged with using drugs while pregnant
- Decatur police arrest man during traffic stop for drug charges