Decatur police say a man was charged this week in an identity theft case from February.
The department says on Feb. 19, a Decatur resident reported their identity was used to obtain internet services and open bank accounts.
Police developed Jeremy Dewayne Floyd as a suspect in the case. On Nov. 4, they discovered he was already incarcerated in the Morgan County Jail for unrelated charges. He's now facing an additional charge of identity theft.
Floyd is being held on a $20,000 bond.
- Decatur police charge man already in jail with identity theft
- Decatur man charged with identity theft
- Decatur man arrested for identity theft
- Florence police charge two with identity theft
- Florence man charged with identity theft
- Decatur woman charged with trafficking stolen identities
- Hartselle police charge woman with identity theft in burglary investigation
- Decatur police charge man with burglary, theft from business
- Decatur police find car theft suspect already in jail
- Woman charged with theft in Decatur