The Decatur Police Department has charged two people with elder abuse.
Michael Kenneth Hill and Tammy Elizabeth Hill were arrested and charged Tuesday with elder abuse and first-degree neglect. The two are married.
The arrests come after officers responded to an April 27 elder abuse report at Decatur Morgan Hospital, said Emme Long, department spokesperson.
The 71-year-old victim was being treated for an intentional overdose of prescription medication and reported the Hills abused her physically and mentally.
During the course of the investigation, it was found that the abuse contributed to the victim intentionally overdosing, said Long.
The Hills were booked into the Morgan County Jail, and both have $60,000 bonds.
- Decatur police charge 2 with elder abuse, say victim tried to overdose
- Decatur police charge man with elder abuse of his mother
- NEIGHBOR REACTION: Decatur woman charged with elder abuse
- Decatur Police name nursing home from elder abuse case
- Nursing home employee charged with elder abuse
- 'I fear for my life:' Victim concerned after Decatur couple charged with elder abuse out of jail
- Stan Lee’s former manager arrested on elder abuse charges
- Decatur man charged with child abuse
- Governor Ivey awards grants to help victims of domestic violence and elder abuse
- Decatur police: Officer steps in to stop drug overdose