A Decatur man is charged with carrying a gun as a convicted felon.
Kasheem Pointer was pulled over on Feb. 28 at the intersection of West Moulton Street and 12th Avenue NW. Police say he had a pistol in his vehicle without a permit. They then learned he had been convicted of multiple prior felonies.
Pointer was arrested and booked in the Morgan County Jail. He’s charged with certain persons forbidden to possess a pistol. His bond is set at $30,000.
- Decatur police arrest convicted felon for carrying a gun
- Decatur police: Felon arrested after wrecking stolen truck
- Sheriff: Convicted felon arrested after Morgan County home search reveals stolen ATVs, gun
- Certain convicted felons can restore their voting rights before election
- Convicted felon charged with having short-barreled shotgun
- Boaz police: Help find convicted felon wanted for drug charges, endangering child's welfare
- Convicted robber escapes, recaptured in Decatur
- Florence police now carrying Narcan
- Two arrested after police chase in Decatur
- Decatur Police arrest church burglary suspect