Decatur police have charged a man for stealing a purse from a vehicle.
The department arrested Gary Peoples on Aug. 23 and charged him with unlawful breaking and entering of a vehicle.
Police responded Aug. 19 to the 1800 block of 5th Avenue where a woman said she discovered her purse had been stolen from her vehicle.
Peoples was developed as the suspect, said Emme Long, police spokeswoman.
He was booked in the Morgan County Jail with a $50,000 bond.
- Decatur police: Man steals purse, gets $50,000 bond
- Murder suspect released in Lauderdale County on a $50,000 bond
- Decatur man arrested for stealing roofing material
- Decatur Police arrest man accused of stealing from Lowe's
- Woman's purse, late husband's wallet stolen at Decatur hospital
- Huntsville police arrest purse snatching suspect
- Decatur police: Suspect knocks on door, hits woman, takes her purse
- Woman charged with stealing from Decatur hospice
- Florence man accused of stealing from Decatur Kay Jewelers location
- Man arrested for stealing a car in Decatur