An armed felon who Decatur police say wrecked a stolen truck now faces charges.
The Decatur Police Department went Austinville Flint Road about 11:55 p.m. Sunday to investigate a single-vehicle wreck.
An unoccupied 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 was found in the ditch beside the road. A check revealed the truck was stolen from Lawrence County. A handgun was found inside the truck.
Rodney Griffin was developed as the suspect, said Emme Long, police spokesperson.
Griffin later was found in the area of the wreck and charged with first-degree receiving stolen property. Police then learned Griffin is a convicted felon so a charge of certain persons forbidden to possess pistols was added.
He was taken to the Morgan County Jail. Bond was set at $45,000.
- Decatur police: Felon arrested after wrecking stolen truck
- Decatur police locate van stolen from business
- Sheriff’s office: Decatur man arrested after chase in stolen truck
- Truck stolen from military family
- Decatur Police search for suspect using stolen credit card
- Decatur man charged with causing 10-vehicle wreck
- Moulton woman killed in wreck near Decatur
- Decatur woman identified in deadly Monday wreck
- Pedestrian identified in deadly Decatur wreck
- UPDATE: Man killed in Decatur wreck identified