Photo Gallery 1 Images
Decatur police say the driver in a deadly 2018 hit-and-run wreck is in custody on robbery and murder charges.
Ricardo Dewayne Brown, 42, of Decatur was killed after being struck by a vehicle about 4:30 a.m. Oct. 31st, 2018, near the intersection of 12th Avenue NW and 3rd Street NW. Police say Jason Osborn robbed Brown for money and illegal narcotics prior to hitting him with the vehicle and fleeing the scene.
Osborn is charged with robbery first-degree and murder. He is being held at the Morgan County Jail on a $150,000 bond for the murder charge and a $60,000 bond for the robbery first-degree charge. Police say he was already in custody for unrelated charges.
Osborn is being held at the Morgan County Jail on $150,000 bond for the Murder charge and $60,000 for the robbery in the first degree charge.
"The above listed defendant is considered innocent until proven guilty in the court of law."
— Decatur, AL Police (@DecaturALPD) September 14, 2019
- Decatur police: Driver in deadly 2018 crash in custody for murder, robbery
- Decatur police investigating deadly shooting
- Decatur Police seek driver in deadly hit and run
- Decatur man charged with robbery, fighting police
- Decatur police arrest armed robbery suspect
- Decatur police seek help finding robbery suspects
- Person of interest in custody after double murder in Decatur
- Decatur Police on patrol for drunk drivers
- Wanted man back in police custody after standoff in Decatur
- Decatur police: 4 in custody on theft of property charges