The Food and Drug Administration is alerting consumers about a recall involving a Kroger purified water product after receiving complaints about mold.
Kroger has recalled its Comforts FOR BABY Purified Water with Fluoride Added in one gallon containers after testing concluded the mold was identified as Talaromyces penicillium. The product is intended for infant consumption.
The product was distributed to Kroger stores in Alabama and Tennessee along with 12 other states. It has a sell by date ranging from April 26, 2018 - Oct 10, 2018.
Exposure could lead to allergic reactions, asthma attacks or irritation.
Consumers are being asked to stop consuming the water and return it to the store for a refund.
- Kroger recalls purified water over mold concerns
- Kroger supplier recalls ground beef over plastic contamination concerns
- UGG comforters recalled due to mold risk
- Some cans of Hunt's tomato paste recalled over mold concerns
- Swiss Rolls, bread recalled over salmonella concerns
- Infant Ibuprofen recall expanded for dosage concerns
- Avocados recalled in 6 states over listeria concerns
- Firefighters relocated due to mold and no air conditioning
- Pre-cut melon sold under Whole Foods, Kroger and other labels in 9 states recalled; 93 people sick in salmonella outbreak
- Frozen chicken recall alert