Charles Makekau, 29, was sentenced Wednesday to life without parole in the Decatur shooting death of James Travers, 21, in 2013.
He was found guilty of murder in November and is the third man to be convicted in Travers' death, which happened during an attempted burglary.
Two other men, Ryan Caudle and Dewayne Hicks, are in prison for their own roles in the incident.
- Decatur man sentenced to life in prison without parole for 2013 murder
- Man re-sentenced to life without parole
- Murder parolee arrested in Decatur for parole violation
- Man serving life sentences for murders admits to killing Decatur woman
- Woman sentenced in Colbert Co. to life in prison for husband's murder
- Decatur man sentenced to 30 years in prison for kidnapping plot
- Woman in prison for life files request to lessen sentence
- Suspect arrested in Decatur murder
- US Army sergeant gets life without parole for slaying wife
- Cortez Mitchell sentenced to life for 2015 murders