A Decatur man was charged with robbery Saturday after police said he used a pocketknife to take another man's cell phone.
Michael Allen Tucker, 29, was arrested Saturday afternoon at Granada Apartments on 11th Street SE, Decatur police said.
Police responded to the apartments after getting a call that a man with a knife was causing a disturbance around 4:15 p.m. When they showed up, officers said they found that Tucker had used a knife to keep another man's cell phone.
Officers placed Tucker under arrest after they said he became combative and fought with officers, they said.
Tucker was taken to Decatur Morgan Hospital for a mental evaluation, where police said they determined he was on several different drugs.
Tucker was charged with first-degree robbery, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
His bond was set at $61,000.
- Decatur man charged with robbery, fighting police
- Decatur man charged with convenience store robbery
- Second man charged in Decatur kidnapping, robbery
- Two charged with robbery in Decatur
- Decatur police charge man with meth trafficking
- Man charged with assaulting Decatur police officers
- Decatur police charge man in rape, kidnapping
- Decatur police arrest armed robbery suspect
- Decatur police seek help finding robbery suspects
- Man charged with fighting paramedic, police officers