Decatur police have charged a man with assault for a shooting that happened at a birthday party.
Charles Edward Baker Jr., 37, was charged with second-degree assault and first-degree domestic violence for the shooting that happened June 15 at a birthday party on Hoover Avenue.
People who were at the party told WAAY 31 Baker got into an argument with another man about a woman. According to police, Baker pulled a gun and shot two people, including the woman. He also hit himself, police said.
Baker was taken into custody at an apartment complex near the shooting. He and the woman were both taken to Huntsville Hospital for treatment.
A third shooting victim showed up several hours later at a hospital for treatment and also was taken to Huntsville Hospital, according to police.
Police obtained warrants for Baker on June 25. He turned himself in Thursday, police said.
Baker's bond was set at $90,000.
- Decatur man charged with assault for birthday party shooting
- Man charged with assaulting Decatur police officers
- Shooting at birthday party in Decatur sends at least two people to the hospital
- Florence police charge man in Halloween party knife assault
- Decatur police charge man with assaulting 10-year-old child
- Alabama teen's birthday party ends in gunfire
- Community mourns victims of birthday party stabbing
- Decatur woman charged with shooting into vehicle
- Man charged with murder in shooting at Alabama family party
- Man arrested, charged with murder in Decatur shooting