Decatur Police arrested a Decatur man on Saturday for criminal trespass, carrying a pistol without a permit and resisting arrest.
Authorities responded to a drug related call and were advised the suspect was armed with a handgun. When officers approached the suspect, he attempted to flee. When police capture the suspect, he identified himself as Jesse Kirby.
While Kirby was being process, authorities discovered that he gave the officers a wrong name. His name is actually Frank James Kirby. He was then charged with obstruction of justice by using a false identity.
He was booked at the Morgan County Jail on a bond of $8,400.
- Decatur man arrested on Saturday, gave false identity
- Decatur man arrested for identity theft
- Decatur man charged with identity theft
- Decatur woman charged with trafficking stolen identities
- Decatur police investigating Saturday shooting
- Decatur police: Shooting victim sought for falsely naming suspect
- Man arrested after traffic stop in Decatur
- Decatur man arrested for child abuse
- Man arrested after car burglaries in Decatur
- Decatur man arrested for stealing roofing material