According to court documents, a grand jury indicted a Decatur rheumatologist, Dr. Michael Dick, on December 7, 2018 for sex abuse first-degree.
The indictment says Dr. Dick had sexual contact with a female with a physical or mental disability who could not give consent. His arraignment hearing is set for May 21 at 2:30 p.m. with Morgan County Judge Stephen Brown.
The Morgan County Sheriff's Office says, on Friday, Dr. Dick was taken into custody by the Montgomery Police Department on a Morgan County felony warrant for first-degree sexual abuse.
According to Karen Silas with the Alabama Medical Licensure Commission, the hearing on the future of Dr. Michael Dick's medical license was continued to April 16 at 9:30 a.m. in Montgomery. The Alabama Medical Licensure Commission met in October and ordered to temporarily suspend the medical license of Dr. Dick.
- Decatur doctor indicted by grand jury for sex abuse of a female with a disability
- Decatur doctor accused of sex abuse speaks to WAAY 31
- Grand jury indicts 4 in death of university frat pledge
- Grand jury indicts Flint River kayaking attack suspects
- Doctors keep licenses despite sex abuse
- Medical license suspension hearing stayed for Decatur doctor charged with sex abuse
- Alabama children's pastor indicted on sex abuse charges
- Grand jury indicts Huntsville man accused of stealing mail to duplicate checks
- Two indicted by grand jury for deadly Marshall County dog attack
- Lauderdale County grand jury issues indictments in Wilson High students’ deaths