The Morgan County Sheriff's Office says, on Friday, Decatur Dr. Michael Dick was taken into custody by the Montgomery Police Department on a Morgan County felony warrant for first-degree sexual abuse.
Morgan County Sheriff's Office deputies are in route to extradite Dr. Dick to Morgan County. He's currently being held in the Montgomery County Jail on a $50,000 bond.
The Alabama Medical Licensure Commission met in October and ordered to suspend the medical license of Dr. Dick, a rheumatologist.
The Alabama Board of Medical Examiners had a hearing scheduled for Friday in Montgomery to determine the future of Dr. Dick's medical license, and he was required to attend.
Dr. Dick was found guilty of sexually harassing three of his former patients in Decatur Municipal Court in October of 2018, and he was sentenced to thirty days in jail and to pay a $500 fine for each count of harassment.
In September, a new accusation came forward in which a woman said Dr. Dick blocked her path out of a room, moved his hands from her shoulders to the back of her neck and then planted a "big nasty kiss" on her cheek.
- Decatur doctor found guilty of sexually harassing former patients arrested in Montgomery
- UPDATE: Decatur doctor found guilty of harassment
- Hearing rescheduled for Decatur doctor found guilty of sexual harassment
- Medical license hearing continued for Decatur doctor found guilty of sexually harassing former patients
- Decatur doctor arrested on harassment charges
- Decatur doctor's medical license suspended after being found guilty of sexual harassment
- Identity of nurses becomes focal point in sexual harassment lawsuit against a Decatur doctor
- Trial date set for Decatur doctor charged with harassment
- Decatur doctor sued by former patients over groping allegations
- Decatur students comfort cancer patients