The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency’s Marine Patrol Division has charged two people in the death of a woman killed in a boat crash.
Nick Bowling Suggs, 50, and Jodi Wallace Suggs, 50, both of Decatur, are charged with criminally negligent homicide stemming from a fatal July 4 boat crash on Smith Lake.
Kelsey Starling, 26, of Troy was killed in the crash in Rock Creek.
Charges were handed down after a Winston County grand Jury convened earlier this week, said Sgt. Chad Pate, ALEA spokesman.
Officials from the 25th Circuit District Attorney's Office in Winston County will prosecute the cases.
Efforts to recover Starling’s body resumed Wednesday morning and will continue through Friday, Pate said.
- Decatur couple charged with homicide in boat crash death of Kelsey Starling
- Boating Crash Arrest
- Decatur man charged with capital murder in double homicide
- UPDATE: Gas leak impacts Starling, Goldfinch drives in Madison
- Decatur boat operator arrested in connection to Smith Lake boat crash
- Florence death ruled as homicide
- Death investigation underway in Decatur
- New Charges for Alabama Man in Deadly Boating Crash
- Alabama man charged with murder after July boating crash
- Decatur woman facing forgery charges