According to Decatur Utilities, crews will be making repairs to a water main, which will impact traffic on Sixth Avenue North at Prospect Drive SE.
A spokesperson, Joe Holmes, said the two northbound lanes in the area will be closed, and northbound traffic will be merged into the turn-lane. Holmes said drivers should approach the work zone at reduced speeds and be aware of traffic control, equipment and utility workers.
The repairs are expected to continue overnight and through the early morning hours on Friday.
- Decatur Utilities water main repair impacting traffic
- Utility crews in Decatur working to repair damaged gas main
- Family sues Decatur Utilities after water main cover killed woman
- Water restored in Brownsboro after water main repairs
- Utility: Decatur's drinking water is clean and safe
- Decatur Utilities conducts Natural Gas Inspections
- Traffic Alert: Huntsville Utilities closing lanes, roads for gas main upgrades
- Traffic Alert: Crews closing Bledsoe Road in Athens for utility repairs
- Huntsville Utilities can't rule out age of pipe in water main break
- Traffic alert: Hudson Memorial Bridge lanes in Decatur closed for repairs