Decatur Utilities is warning its customers against a scam that involves someone impersonating a utilities worker.
The company said several of its customers have received calls from a person who claimed to be with Huntsville Utilities and threatened to shut the power off unless immediate payment was made over the phone.
DU said if that happens to one of its customers, that person should immediately hang up. They said neither they nor Huntsville Utilities will call customers to threaten disconnection unless payment is made.
- Decatur Utilities warn against recent scam
- Decatur Utilities warns about scam calls
- Huntsville Utilities warns of scam
- Huntsville Utilities warns customers of scam calls
- Huntsville Utilities warning about new texting scam
- Huntsville Utilities warns against scam activity
- Decatur Utilities warns customers about scammers
- Decatur police issue scam warnings, tips
- Decatur Utilities: We're not trying to scam you
- Decatur Utilities warns about scammers impersonating the Tennessee Valley Authority