All outages have been cleared and affected customers restored. The traffic signal at Modaus Rd SW and Danville Rd SW is still not operational and will be repaired this morning. Please be aware of traffic control and exercise caution at that intersection this morning.
Update: Service has been restored to an additional 1,300 customers. There are approximately 1,350 customers still without power.
The company says crews continue to make repairs.
Decatur Utilities says power has been restored to an additional 1,300 customers, leaving approximately 2,700 without service.
The company says the majority of these customers are served by the Greenacres Substation in the area of Spring Avenue.
DU has restored service to an additional 1,300 customers leaving approximately 2,700 currently out of power as of 8 p.m. The majority of these customers are served by the Greenacres Substation located in the area of Spring Ave. just south of Betty St. SW. (See red circle.) pic.twitter.com/qi26be185p
— Decatur Utilities (@decaturutility) August 20, 2019
Decatur Utilities says 5,100 customers are without power right now.
The company says crews are working to restore remaining substations and will then address smaller pockets of outages and individual calls. You can see the Decatur Utilities outage map here.
- Update: Decatur Utilities restores powers after large outage
- UPDATE: Huntsville Utilities restores power to Meridianville
- Huntsville Utilities says power restored to large portion of customers after massive outage
- Huntsville Utilities reporting multiple power outages
- Huntsville Utilities responds to scattered power outages
- UPDATE: Huntsville Utilities crews restore power to Southwest Madison Co.
- UPDATE: Huntsville Utilities responding to Madison power outage
- Update: Power restored following outage in south Huntsville
- Decatur Utilities: Power outages, slow drains in homes possible after flooding
- Huntsville Utilities: Power outages "likely associated with Tropical (Depression) Barry"