Because of the snow and ice, Decatur Police are working under level two of their severe weather response plan.
What that means for you: Decatur officers will respond to all emergency and violent crime calls. They’ll also respond to calls about stalled vehicles blocking traffic and multiple vehicle car crashes.
Officers will double up in vehicles best able to maneuver in the winter weather.
Decatur Police implement this plan when snow is confirmed across the city, road conditions are bad and yet traffic is still moving.
- Decatur Police shift into severe weather mode
- Tesla in Autopilot mode crashes into California police car
- Tesla in autopilot mode crashes into California police car
- Decatur police investigating shooting
- Decatur police investigating Saturday shooting
- Decatur Police receive new cold weather suits thanks to 3M
- Huntsville Police change shift length for officers' safety
- Huntsville police DUI task force switching back to overnight shift
- Decatur police respond to possible bomb call at Decatur mall
- Severe weather threat continues Monday