The Decatur Police Department is adding extra police presence at the park after the shooting, and they are looking at other ways to increase security measures. Nothing set in stone yet, but they’re discussing a clear bag policy among other things. No timeline yet as to when these new measures will be in place, just “as soon as possible.”
Decatur Police are asking the public for help in locating a man who they said is responsible for injuring two people in a shooting Saturday night at Point Mallard Water Park.
Officers identified the man as 18-year-old Caleb D'Vante Long a.k.a. "Caleb Langford." They said he is 5 feet, 10 inches tall and weighs 140 pounds.
Long also has two warrants for second-degree assault.
The shooting happened around 9:08 p.m. near the wave pool at Point Mallard Water Park. The park was hosting a family friendly night swim event at the time.
"Right away we were like that had to have been a shooting because the cops and everywhere were swarming," said David Mayo.
"We just heard a gunshot go off everyone was like running," said M.J. Bullard.
Bullard came back to Point Mallard Sunday with his dad to see if they could find his sister's jacket. He says it was lost in the commotion of movement as people rapidly left Saturday night after a shooting police say happened near the wave pool.
"People were trying to jump the fence and everyone was running every which way," said Bullard.
He says when it all happened he was mostly worried about his sister because he didn't know where she was. He says he will go back as long as its daytime.
"We don't wanna go back at night....Maybe in the day," said Bullard.
Police ask anyone with information to contact Sgt. Burleson at 256-341-4633 or email email@example.com.
- Decatur Police seek suspect in Point Mallard shooting
- Decatur police arrest suspect in Point Mallard shooting
- Decatur police: Teen Point Mallard shooting suspect busted with pot while out on bond
- Point Mallard Campground in Decatur closed due to flooding
- Video captures 'Decatur gator' in Tennessee River near Point Mallard
- Two people injured in shooting at Point Mallard Park in Decatur
- Decatur Police seeking help in identifying suspect
- Decatur police seek counterfeit money suspects
- Update: Decatur police seek help finding suspect in shooting
- Decatur police seek suspect in Wednesday night shooting, robbery