Beginning August 17th, Decatur Police will have extra officers patrolling major thoroughfares for drunk drivers.
The initiative is made possible through the "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" grant through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, almost 30 people die everyday from alcohol-related crashes.
Decatur police want to remind everyone to never drink and drive.
Both Uber and Lyft are licensed to operate in Decatur. The campaign will run until September 3rd.
- Decatur Police on patrol for drunk drivers
- Decatur Police adding extra patrol following shooting at local business
- Decatur Police Department recognizes four patrol officers of the month
- Family grieves daughter killed by drunk driver
- Decatur police investigating shooting
- Decatur Police officials warn drivers about car theft this winter
- Decatur Police seek driver in deadly hit and run
- Drivers in Decatur can expect lane closures
- Boy fights for life after drunk driver hits ambulance
- Decatur police investigating Saturday shooting