After spending two days pressing police WAAY 31 learned the nursing home where police arrested an employee for abusing an elderly patient.
Decatur Police confirmed River City Center is the nursing home where they arrested Kyla Brown on charges of second degree elder abuse and neglect.
Even though the police report lists the River City Center as the nursing home and Kyla Brown as the suspect in abusing an 87 year old woman the manager here didn’t want to talk about the case. He acted as if he knew nothing about it!
According to police, Brown is not a registered nurse. We’re working to learn her job at River City Center.
We know the victim reported Brown to police in Decatur on June 22nd. Officers arrested her on Monday.
Police said the nursing center suspended Brown when the investigation began and Brown no longer works there.
The nursing home said in a statement that its patients' health and safety is its first priority.
"The Center has a zero tolerance policy with regard to abuse and when we receive a report from any source, be it patient, family or another employee, we contact the authorities immediately," the statement read. "We do not hesitate to terminate any employee if warranted after an investigation is completed."
Officers say they believe this is an isolated incident but after asking for two days to learn the name of the center, police won’t answer why they think there aren’t any other victims.
The victim is expected to be okay and at last check, Brown was behind bars on $5,000 bond.
- Decatur Police name nursing home from elder abuse case
- Nursing home employee charged with elder abuse
- Decatur police charge man with elder abuse of his mother
- NEIGHBOR REACTION: Decatur woman charged with elder abuse
- Former employees at Guntersville nursing home arrested for elder and sexual abuse
- Decatur police charge 2 with elder abuse, say victim tried to overdose
- Stan Lee’s former manager arrested on elder abuse charges
- Woman arrested for assault on Decatur nurse
- 'I fear for my life:' Victim concerned after Decatur couple charged with elder abuse out of jail
- Decatur city schools respond to child abuse case