Decatur Police charged a man with assault three weeks after he allegedly bit off another person's lip during a fight.
Anthony Pointer is charged with First Degree Assault and is being held in the Morgan County Jail on a $30,000 bond.
According to the victim, this picture was taken after the incident.
The victim, Charntilly Johnson, said what happened to her is like something out of a movie, and she said, now, she has to accept the fact that her face may never be the same.
Johnson said she was celebrating her adult daughter's birthday last month when the unthinkable happened.
“We were arguing back and forth and he was inching up on me," she said. "Once he inched up on me, he grabbed me by my face and bit my bottom lip off.”
The "he" Charntilly is referring to is her cousin, Anthony Pointer.
Johnson said Pointer had been drinking and was causing problems at the party, like harassing some family members. She said she finally had enough and tried to kick him out.
“We were in the kitchen and I told him to leave again. He took my bottle of liquor and threw it in the garbage," she said.
And, then, things escalated.
"He bit a chunk of my lip off. I couldn’t even find the other part. The other part was missing.”
Johnson said the attack shocked everyone--even the first responders.
“The paramedics were like, ‘What in the world? Is he insane or something?’ The police were like, 'Nobody does this. We don’t see this.’”
Johnson said her lip still bleeds frequently. Plastic surgery will help her heal, but she said she isn’t going to hold a grudge against the man responsible.
“I don’t hate anybody. I could never hate anybody. I don’t hate him or anything like that. It’s just that I didn’t deserve what he did to me," she said.
Police said the fight occurred in mid-November, but Pointer wasn't arrested on a warrant until Thursday.
- Man accused of biting off woman's lip in Decatur
- Snake bite paralyzes Alabama man
- Huntsville man accused of biting off woman's finger is out of jail
- Decatur woman killed by car
- Decatur woman facing forgery charges
- Man dies in Huntsville after copperhead bite
- Florence man accused of stealing from Decatur Kay Jewelers location
- Decatur Police arrest man accused of stealing from Lowe's
- Decatur man arrested, accused of ramming police car
- Woman undergoes two surgeries after Florence police dog bites her