Decatur Parks and Recreation says it has been made aware of an alligator in the Tennessee River around the Point Mallard Walking Trail.
The department says it has contacted Alabama Fish and Game, and people are warned to be aware of their surroundings.
- Decatur Parks and Recreation warns of alligator in Tennessee River, near Point Mallard
- Video captures 'Decatur gator' in Tennessee River near Point Mallard
- Point Mallard Park's After Dark event cancelled
- Point Mallard Campground in Decatur closed due to flooding
- Decatur Police seek suspect in Point Mallard shooting
- Decatur police arrest suspect in Point Mallard shooting
- Decatur police charge suspect in Point Mallard Campground burglary
- Two people injured in shooting at Point Mallard Park in Decatur
- City of Decatur looking into banning pistols at Point Mallard Water Park
- Investigation underway after sailboat fire near Point Mallard Water Park in Decatur