A Decatur Police Officer is on administrative duty right now after being accused of assault in Lawrence County.
Court documents show Lt. Archie Letson was arrested in May for an alleged incident that happened in April. Letson did enter a not guilty plea when arrested and bailed out on a $1,500 bond.
Letson is charged with assault in the 3rd degree of a minor. Court documents say Letson “caused injury by slapping the victim twice on the face, the second time causing pain and the eyes to water, grabbing the victim by the hair and slinging the victim to the ground causing the victim’s forehead to hit the ground, nose to bleed, and lip to burst, and gouging victim in the eyes and stating you’d better not ever slap me again you little S***.”
Letson has a bench trial set for September 13th. He could face up to a year in prison if convicted.
- Decatur Lt. on administrative duty, accused of assault
- Woman who accused Virginia lt. gov. of sex assault speaks
- Jury duty scam
- Man charged with assaulting Decatur police officers
- Woman arrested for assault on Decatur nurse
- Madison Co. Sheriff's Lt. recieves national award
- More accusers come forward in sexual assault lawsuit against Decatur rheumatologist
- More accusers come forward in sexual assault lawsuit against Decatur doctor
- Decatur man charged with assault for birthday party shooting
- Personnel file released for Decatur Officer charged with assault