A playground is burned to the ground in Decatur.
It happened at the Vivian Turner Early Learning Center some time yesterday.
WAAY-31 is working to find out more details about what happened.
You can see this playground has two different parts, but one is completely burned.
We spoke with people who work nearby who told us it was one of the biggest fires they’ve ever seen.
You can see part of this playground was burned to the ground, while other sections are untouched.
We called the Decatur Fire Marshall and he's working to find out the cause of this fire.
This playground is part of the Vivan Turner Early Learning Center, which is operated by the Community Action Partnership.
This center is essentially a Head Start pre-school for children in nearby neighborhoods.
We want to note you can see two gates to this specific part of the playground are open.
Right now, we dont know who set the fire or why.
But we'll be following everything that happens next to keep you up to date.
- Decatur Head Start playground burned
- Decatur native Tanner Burns to start Auburn's NCAA Tournament opener
- Decatur preschool moving forward after playground set on fire
- Fire Marshal: Playground fire at Decatur preschool was arson
- Huntsville playground fire under investigation
- Tennessee Riverkeeper starts cleanup project in Decatur
- Alabama's second universal playground coming to Huntsville
- JSU Head Coach John Grass praises Decatur native
- Decatur police investigating shooting
- Chemical spill in Decatur