A Christmas Day fire chased a family out of a home in Decatur. Flames ruined their holiday get together.
The fire happened in the 800 block of Grant Street SE. That's in Decatur’s Albany historic district.
Neighbors say the family was gathered inside. They started a fire in the fireplace. Then, smoke began to fill the house as fire spread through the structure.
Thankfully, everyone made it out okay.
The home belongs to Barney Lovelace, an attorney in Decatur.
- Decatur Christmas Day fire ruins family feast
- Hellraisers keep ruining fire department's helipad
- Decatur apartment fire leaves several families displaced
- Neighbors react to Decatur Fire
- Isolated showers for Christmas Day
- Tuscumbia couple recovering after floodwaters ruined their restaurant
- Decatur man dies days after violent altercation
- Restaurants and stores open on Christmas Day
- Decatur woman reunited with family; Missing Senior Alert canceled
- Family sues Decatur Utilities after water main cover killed woman