A Christmas Day fire chased a family out of a home in Decatur. Flames ruined their holiday get together.
The fire happened in the 800 block of Grant Street SE. That's in Decatur’s Albany historic district.
Neighbors say the family was gathered inside. They started a fire in the fireplace. Then, smoke began to fill the house as fire spread through the structure.
Thankfully, everyone made it out okay.
The home belongs to Barney Lovelace, an attorney in Decatur.
- Decatur Christmas Day fire ruins family feast
- Hellraisers keep ruining fire department's helipad
- Decatur apartment fire leaves several families displaced
- Mobile home destroyed by Christmas day fire
- Neighbors react to Decatur Fire
- Tuscumbia couple recovering after floodwaters ruined their restaurant
- Isolated showers for Christmas Day
- Decatur man dies days after violent altercation
- Decatur teen Christmas program in need of sponsors
- Dog killed, house destroyed in Christmas Day fire