Morgan County officials received a call at 6:34 p.m. on September 11, 2018 to check on 29-year-old Courtney Shaw at his residence, and police discovered him deceased in a vehicle with a gunshot wound.
Police initially believed that he died of an "accidental discharge" of a gun, however, after further investigation by the Department of Forensic Sciences in Huntsville, the death has been ruled a suicide.
- Death investigation underway in Decatur
- Death investigation underway at Redstone Arsenal
- Death investigation underway at FreightCar America
- Decatur police investigating shooting
- Demolition underway at Riverwalk Marina in Decatur
- Decatur police investigating Saturday shooting
- Decatur police investigating weekend death on Somerville Road
- Community effort underway to help cleanup storm damage in Decatur
- One person dead, investigation underway in Huntsville
- Investigation underway after officer involved shooting