Early morning screams helped launch an investigation into the death of a woman in west Huntsville.
Investigators said around 1 a.m., a resident of the Shady Grove RV and Mobile Home Community called 911 after they reported hearing someone screaming about a death.
Huntsville Police told WAAY 31 someone also flagged down an officer, and that person told the officer they discovered a dead woman inside a mobile home.
When Huntsville Police along with fire are paramedics arrived, they found Diana Patrick, 53, dead inside one of the mobile homes.
They sub sequentially launched an investigation into her death. Police said they are investigating the case as a homicide, but have not released any other details.
WAAY 31 reached out to the Madison County Coroner's office who said they will be conducting an autopsy Friday.
The Coroner's office told WAAY 31 they are not releasing the cause of death at this time.
- UPDATE: Investigators rule mobile home park death a homicide
- Florence death ruled as homicide
- Update: Homicide investigation underway in Huntsville
- Lauderdale County Homicide Investigation
- Tuscumbia police rule death of 83-year-old woman a homicide
- Guntersville police are investigating 3 deaths; 1 double-homicide
- Severe weather especially dangerous for mobile homes
- Fire destroys mobile home in Madison County
- Dislodged mobile home blocking Decatur roadway
- Overnight fire destroys a mobile home