(Associated Press) Authorities in Tennessee say officers involved in a shooting during a traffic stop are seeking a motorist who sped away in a vehicle in which a woman was later found dead inside.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says in a statement that the body of 20-year-old Shelby Comer was in the vehicle that crashed in Grundy County on Saturday night. The statement says her body has been sent to a medical examiner.
The TBI says a sheriff's deputy had fired into the vehicle after the driver allegedly pointed a firearm before he sped off. Deputies lost sight of the vehicle, which crashed a short time later. When officers arrived, the driver was not present and Comer's body was found inside the vehicle.
The TBI did not identify the officers involved.
- Dead woman found in car after Tennessee officer-involved shooting
- Tennessee boyfriend charged after woman, mother found dead in home
- Two dead one injured in Tennessee shooting
- Wheelchair-bound woman car jacked in Tennessee
- Investigation underway after officer involved shooting
- Investigation into Tennessee woman's death
- 5 dead after Pennsylvania car wash shooting
- Woman missing from car crash found alive
- Drugs found at a Florence home where an officer involved shooting happened
- HPD officer involved in wreck