A Fort Payne couple is accused of trying to extort money from an ambulance service director.
Timothy Wade Bevel, 51, and Shelli Ranee Bevel, 47, were both arrested May 2 and charged with second-degree extortion.
Timothy Bevel is a former employee of Dekalb Ambulance Service, Fort Payne police said. He and his wife are accused of trying to extort money from the current ambulance service director.
Both Timothy and Shelli Bevel posted $7,500 bonds and were released from the DeKalb County Detention Center, court records show.
- DeKalb couple charged with extortion
- Men charged with DeKalb County burglary
- 2 charged in DeKalb County meth busts
- Officials: Inmates ran $560K online dating extortion scheme
- Albertville couple charged with abusing small child
- Two facing obscene material charges in DeKalb County
- DeKalb County man charged with trespassing at school
- DeKalb man charged with murder after buried body found
- DeKalb Co. man charged with possession of child pornography
- DeKalb county man charged with murder in Georgia