A local student is being called the nation's best at Microsoft PowerPoint.
Seth Maddox, a graduate of Geraldine High School in DeKalb County, won the Microsoft Office Specialist National Championship. He beat out 365,000 other students who entered the competition.
His prizes included a $3,000 cash prize. In the fall, Maddox will attend Auburn University and study computer engineering.
- DeKalb County grad being called nation's best at Microsoft PowerPoint
- National Weather Service confirms EF-1 tornadoes hit Marshall, DeKalb counties
- Buckhorn grad leaves Tennessee program
- Men charged with DeKalb County burglary
- Man dies in DeKalb County wreck
- Snowfall closes schools in DeKalb, Marshall counties
- Victim identified in deadly DeKalb County wreck
- 32 arrested in DeKalb County drug crackdown
- DeKalb County teen killed in ATV wreck
- DeKalb County authorities looking for escaped inmate