DeKalb County authorities say a Dawson woman is facing a chemical endangerment charge after her 8-month-old tested positive for methamphetamine.
Sheriff's deputies say they received a report about the infant testing positive, which prompted a joint investigation with the county's department of human resources.
Investigators arrested Julia Lynn Doss, 21, of Dawson Tuesday on the charge after their investigation.
Authorities did not reveal whether or not the infant tested positive as a result of exposure during pregnancy or after the child was born.
The case is still under investigation.
- Documents: Limestone County mother arrested after 2-year-old eats meth
- 32 arrested in DeKalb County drug crackdown
- Three arrested in Morgan County meth bust
- 5 arrested in Jackson County meth bust
- Two arrested for smoking marijuana around infant
- PHOTOS: DeKalb County deputies make arrests for drugs, chases