UPDATE: More charges were tacked on Wednesday morning. The charges now include drug charges. Deputies say because the investigation is still ongoing, they can't reveal how many guns were in the trunk.
Photo: DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office
The DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office says a Fort Payne man, 21-year-old Victor Lyles, was arrested Monday evening after he was found with a large amount of stolen firearms.
The sheriff's office says the arrest was part of an ongoing investigation into thefts around the county, and the Fort Payne Police Department assisted in locating Lyles.
Lyles was charged with four counts of theft of property second-degree, burglary third-degree and probation violation. The sheriff's office says several of the firearms had been reported stolen earlier on Monday from the Rainsville area, and others were from additional thefts in the area.
According to the sheriff's office, this is an ongoing investigation and more charges may be filed upon its completion.
- DeKalb Co. sheriff: Man arrested for stealing firearms
- Gun thieves steal from two firearms stores
- 17-year-old suspect arrested for home burglary, stealing firearms
- DeKalb County sheriff: Man arrested after attacking elderly woman
- Morgan County sheriff: Sex offender found with 11 firearms, arrested
- DeKalb Co. Sheriff's Office makes arrest in Amberly Barnett murder
- DeKalb County Sheriff's Office recovers narcotics, stolen vehicle during arrest
- DeKalb County sheriff arrests several suspects after vehicle pursuits
- DeKalb County sheriff arrests 5 on drug-related charges
- Man arrested after stealing a vehicle