The DeKalb County Sheriff's Office says multiple agencies responded to KC Lane in Collinsville where explosive material was found.
The sheriff's office says the area was secured, and the state bomb squad responded.
Tyler Pruett with the DeKalb County Sheriff's Office said the scene was cleared after the state bomb squad took what they believe are explosives to be tested. Pruett said no arrests have been made as they work to confirm the material is explosive.
WAAY 31 spent some time talking to neighbors near KC Lane. Some neighbors say the call on explosives is the talk of the neighborhood. WAAY 31 was the first to tell one neighbor about the call. He said he's not concerned.
"I didn't witness that so it's not like they evacuated us or anything, so it's no concern," said Lou Mozingo.
Pruett said it is illegal to have certain explosives and pending the results of the investigation, arrests could be made at a later time.
- DeKalb Co. Sheriff's Office: Explosive material found in Collinsville
- Drugs, guns found in Collinsville home
- Man charged with assaulting Collinsville police officers
- Son of Dog the Bounty Hunter joins DeKalb sheriff, Collinsville police in catching wanted woman
- DeKalb County Sheriff: Former police officer found with marijuana, meth
- Collinsville PD collecting donations after officer loses everything in fire
- Two facing obscene material charges in DeKalb County
- DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office mourning death of K9 officer
- DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office says woman reported missing found safe
- DeKalb County Sheriff's Office identifies victim of Monday night shooting