According to the DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office, early Saturday morning, the DeKalb Ambulance Service and the sheriff’s office responded to a home in the Painter community, after a man notified them that his girlfriend was unresponsive.
The sheriff's office says the victim, 31-year-old Melissa Waldrep of Crossville, was pronounced dead at the scene. Officials say a preliminary autopsy showed the cause of death to be strangulation.
Christopher Snow, 33, of Crossville was arrested and charged with Waldrep's murder. He was booked in the DeKalb County Jail with a cash bond of $250,000.
- Crossville man charged for murdering his girlfriend
- Crossville man arrested on drug charges after multi-agency raid
- DeKalb County sheriff investigating Crossville shooting
- Juvenile arrested for possessing BB gun in Crossville Middle School
- Crossville Middle School students caught with alcohol on campus
- Crossville teen dead after rollover wreck on U.S. 431
- Community preparing to honor Crossville firefighter killed in interstate accident
- Utah man charged with murder after allegedly spiking girlfriend’s drink with meth
- Georgia man charged with capital murder of girlfriend is heading to court
- Man, teenage girlfriend indicted on capital murder charges for 2018 fatal stabbing in Huntsville