The daughter of Cedrick Lipscomb who was killed in the driveway of a Madison County home sat down with WAAY31. She shared with us memories of her dad as the Madison County Sheriff's Office looks for his killer.
"I don't really think there is something my dad could have done for this to be the outcome," said the victim's daughter Sanai Lipscomb.
The sheriff's office told us they're trying to track down a person of interest. His daughter told us she hopes investigators find who's responsible to give her family answers as to what happened.
The 12-year-old shared her father's advice that still sticks out in her mind.
"He used to tell me every day before he dropped me off for school that greatness, greatness is key, and that's what was in my head all throughout the day all throughout the school year. Be the best you can be. Prove them wrong," said Lipscomb.
Lipscomb told us she spent time with him the night before his murder. She wants to know why someone killed him.
"I don't think he realized how much hurt it would put in our families lives to do this for what reason I don't know," she added.
The sheriff's office won’t say what it thinks happened on Turtle Hill drive last week, but it did confirm investigators talked with a witness.
Lipscomb's daughter hopes whoever is responsible provides answers as to what happened.
"I love you. If I could say it one more time to his face and he could say it back. I would say I love you," said Lipscomb.
The sheriff's office is still looking for a person of interest.
- Daughter of murder victim remembers dad
- Dad books flights to spend Christmas with flight attendant daughter
- Lockerbie bombing victims remembered on 30th anniversary
- Daughter signs for deaf dad at rock concert and doesn't miss a beat
- Huntsville Rabbi remembers the victims from Pittsburgh's synagogue shooting
- Family, friends remember murdered man on his birthday
- Friends remember woman killed in murder-suicide in Madison Co.
- Family remembers Huntsville teenager who was murdered last year
- Victims identified in Limestone County triple murder
- Holiday Gift Ideas for Dad