Severe thunderstorms capable of producing tornadoes and damaging winds will sweep across the entire Tennessee Valley between 10 PM Monday and 5 AM Tuesday.
The dangerous weather will arrive in the Shoals beginning between 10 PM and midnight. Then between midnight and 2 AM, the storms will arrive in Athens and Decatur and cross I-65 and move toward Huntsville, Madison and Fayetteville. The storms will arrive in Sand Mountain between 2 AM and 4 AM. When the storms arrive, they will drastically increase the risk for tornadoes and damaging winds capable of causing tornado-like damage.
The severe weather threat will end for the Shoals between 1 AM and 3 AM. The end comes between 2 AM and 4 AM around Huntsville, Athens, Decatur and Fayetteville. The storms will finally exit Sand Mountain between 3 AM and 5 AM.
Nighttime tornadoes are particularly dangerous. Please have a way of staying weather aware tonight. NOAA Weather Radios with alert features can wake you up to alert you of dangerous weather. Never try to go outside and find a tornado if you are under a tornado warning. If a severe thunderstorm warning is issued for damaging wind, you should treat that like a tornado warning. That wind can do the same kind of damage as a tornado.
Make sure you know where your tornado safe place is. Make sure everyone in your home knows what to do if severe weather threatens. If you are under a tornado warning, put on your shoes, put on a helmet, cover up with pillows, blankets, couch cushions, or small mattresses if you can.
- Dangerous severe storms bring risk for tornadoes & damaging wind tonight
- Dangerous severe thunderstorms could bring tornadoes tonight & early Sunday
- Storms to bring damaging winds Thursday morning
- Damaging wind, tornadoes, and hail threaten Valley tonight
- Damaging wind threat with severe storms Thursday
- Dangerous Storms Could Bring Tornadoes To The Valley Friday Night
- Dangerous severe storm risk growing for Monday night & Tuesday morning
- Damaging wind possible with severe storms Thursday evening
- Strong winds left damage after Thursday's storms
- Damaging storm risk increasing Thu. morning