There are still two big weather impacts today - heat and storms. Let's start with the heat...a HEAT ADVISORY will be in effect through 7 PM Saturday in Lauderdale, Colbert, Franklin, and Lawrence Counties. In these areas, heat index values can climb to between 105 and 110 during peak daytime heating. Of course, any rain would help to cool things greatly.
Speaking of rain...some of us will indeed get another burst of heavy rain and lighting today. Not only does the Shoals face the greatest impact from the heat, but strong storms are most likely over our western counties as well.
While we are certainly not anticipating storms to be of the caliber of Thursday's (some producing wind of 100+ mph), a strong to even severe storm cannot be ruled out. Winds gusting to 50 mph and penny size hail will be possible with any stronger storms that develop.
Scattered afternoon storms and sweltering heat last through the weekend as well.
- Dangerous heat, some strong storms
- Pop-up storms and dangerous heat
- Dangerous heat returns Friday afternoon
- Dangerous heat as temps hit the mid-90s
- Dangerous heat today, still tracking Florence
- A few storms, increasing heat
- Another round of strong to severe storms
- Mainly afternoon storms, a few strong
- A hot afternoon with strong storms possible
- One Or Two Strong Storms Possible Monday