An Excessive Heat Warning and Heat Advisory have been issued for Tuesday in the Tennessee Valley. Heat index values up to or even above 110° will be possible Tuesday. The highest heat index values will be west of I-65 and closer to the Shoals.
The other big concern Tuesday will be the threat of evening thunderstorms. Some of these storms may be strong or severe with the main hazard being damaging straight line winds. The thunderstorms will move in a line that will drop south out of Tennessee closer to 7:00 pm tonight.
The cold front responsible for tonight's storms should be far enough south Wednesday to prevent widespread thunderstorms from developing in the Valley. You will also notice cooler afternoon highs Wednesday which will be seasonable for mid August.
- Dangerous heat and thunderstorms today
- Dangerous heat & thunderstorms Tuesday
- Dangerous heat today, still tracking Florence
- Hot, humid & afternoon thunderstorms today
- Dangerous heat, some strong storms
- Dangerous heat returns Friday afternoon
- Dangerous heat with afternoon storms
- Dangerous severe thunderstorms possible Saturday evening
- Heat Advisory today and Tuesday
- Shower and thunderstorm chances begin today