10 PM Update: Occasional showers are possible through midnight to 1 AM across Marshall, DeKalb, and Jackson counties. Rain can fall heavily at times and frequent lightning is possible, but damaging storms are not likely.
For Saturday, a stray shower is possible but we will mostly stay dry through noon. Scattered showers and thunderstorms will develop starting between noon and 2 PM. The storms can grow more widespread through 4 PM. Heavy rain is likely from some of the storms. Those heavier storms can bring a quick inch or two of rain. Away from the heaviest storms, expect a half-inch to an inch of rain. The latest data does not indicate an elevated risk for damaging storms, but an isolated stronger storm is always possible this time of year. The primary concern will be the heavy rain and 40-50 mph winds from any stronger storms.
Severe thunderstorms that caused some damage across parts of Madison County formed ahead of a cold front. A line of thunderstorms will track through the Tennessee Valley this evening as the cold front progresses eastward across Alabama. More damaging storms are possible. Severe thunderstorms can produce winds over 60 mph and large hail. An isolated tornado is possible, too.
Storms moved into Lauderdale and Colbert counties just before 4 PM. Those storms will be tracking eastward through the evening. The storms will cross I-65 between 5 PM and 6 PM and move into the Huntsville area just after 6 PM. The storms will ease back in intensity after 8 PM, and they will exit the Valley between 9 PM and 10 PM.
Storms will take a break through the rest of tonight through about midday Saturday. Scattered showers and thunderstorms will form again Saturday afternoon. Storms can contain heavy rain and frequent lightning. An isolated severe storm is possible, but the severe threat will likely be localized in small areas if it happens.
- Update: Friday Night Storms Ending, More Storms Saturday
- Showery Friday precedes a potential storm Saturday
- Occasional showers Friday, storms early Saturday
- Heavy rain & strong storms Saturday, spotty snow possible Saturday night
- Dangerous Storms Could Bring Tornadoes To The Valley Friday Night
- Thursday Afternoon Storms, Then Strong Storms Possible Friday
- Heavy rain & severe storms possible Saturday
- Shoals residents prepare for Tuesday night storms
- High risk for severe storms Friday
- Tuesday Evening Storms, Then More Storms Wednesday