A groundbreaking ceremony was held in Huntsville on Thursday at 3 p.m. for DaikyoNishikawa (DNUS), a supplier for the Mazda-Toyota facility.
This is the auto supplier's first U.S. facility in Alabama. It's expected to create 380 new jobs.
Photo: Gov. Ivey's press office
The new supplier's facility will be located on the Mazda-Toyota Manufacturing U.S.A. site. The supplier said it already works with Mazda in Japan.
Now, the new facility will make it convenient for parts to be brought to the Mazda-Toyota venture plant that will be located next door. The supplier said it plans on hiring people who live in North Alabama.
The supplier said it plans to open in 2021, when production starts at the Mazda-Toyota manufacturing plant.
- DaikyoNishikawa auto supplier breaks ground in Huntsville
- Mazda Toyota supplier Hirotec breaks ground in Fayetteville
- Kroger supplier recalls ground beef over plastic contamination concerns
- Huntsville officials announce new automotive supplier locating in city
- Teledyne Brown to break ground on new Huntsville manufacturing facility
- Aerojet Rocketdyne breaks ground on first massive Huntsville expansion project
- Mazda, Toyota break ground on new facility in Huntsville
- Google breaks ground on Alabama data center
- Developer breaks ground on Town Madison apartments
- Hirotec plant in Fayetteville named as supplier for Huntsville Mazda-Toyota