Daikin America’s Japanese celebration will be held at a new location this year.
Traditionally, the event has been at the Morgan County Fairgrounds, but that property was sold in early 2019.
Now, the festival will happen at Point Mallard Park on Friday, May 1, from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Attendees can experience Japanese culture with live music, games, exhibits and cuisine.
- Daikin Japanese festival to be held at Point Mallard after Morgan County fairgrounds sold
- Morgan County fairgrounds to be sold for $1.4 million
- Morgan County Fair Chair: Fairgrounds sold after more than 60 years
- Point Mallard Park's After Dark event cancelled
- Point Mallard's campgrounds, golf course still flooded
- Alcohol to be sold at Point Mallard Ice Complex in Decatur
- Bomb threat called into Daikin Plant
- Hundreds at Point Mallard Park for Fourth of July festivities, despite recent shooting
- Wild boar causes problems along Point Mallard Parkway
- Point Mallard Campground in Decatur closed due to flooding